Toledo Presbyterian Church, PCUSA
Worship services resumed on June 28, 2020
Please read safety guidelines below.
Sermons may be viewed on the Video Sermons tab above,
or viewed on our Facebook page: Toledo Presbyterian Church PCUSA
Toledo Presbyterian Church Worship Service 10:30am
312 Augustus Street Toledo, WA 98592360-864-2479
Church email: firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook: Toledo Presbyterian Church PCUSA
Toledo Presbyterian Church
COVID-19 Reopening Plan
We are putting in place for the reopening of our
church for worship this Sunday, June 28, at the
usual time of 10:30.
These guidelines are many and may seem daunting, but our goal in
having them is the safety of everyone in our congregation.
Again, I welcome everyone to public worship this week. We will continue
to put our services online for all to have available, particularly those who
worship. Regardless of whether you choose to join us Sunday for this
public worship or choose to delay your return until later, let us prayerfully
acknowledge that, together or a part, we are one in Christ.
(1) Strict adherence to the state of Washington COVID-19 safety
requirements for faith based organizations will be observed at all times.
(2) Phase 3 Guidance: Allow gatherings with no more than 50 people
(3) Rules for safe attendance will be posted outside of entry door, and also
on entryway bulletin board.
(4) Members will be asked not come if they feel ill, feel uncomfortable
doing so or have recently visited an area considered a COVID-19 “hotspot”.
(5) Six foot social distancing will be respected at all times, with family
members or those who already cohabitate being exceptions.
(6) All attendees will wear face masks. If members don’t have them, they
will be provided.
(7) Temperatures will be taken on all attendees before entering sanctuary.
Those with elevated temperatures will be denied entry.
(8) Sanctuary entry/egress will be only allowed through one door, and it
will remain open during the service. All other doors will remain locked, with
signage directing people to the correct door for entry/egress.
(9) Only every other pew row will be utilized.
(10) Ushers will seat people from front to back pews.
(11) Music will be by piano only. Choir and singing will be postponed until it
is deemed safe, at a later date.
(12) Scripture readings and other announcements will be coordinated in
advance of service, to minimize exposure to microphones, etc.
(13) Bathroom usage will be monitored. Door handles, sink faucets and
toilet handles will be disinfected after each use.
(14) Only guidelines for COVID-19 safe services will be posted on inside
bulletin board, and they will also be posted outside of entry door.
(15) Offering trays will be placed at back of church, and members will be
asked to drop their offerings into them after service.
(16) Remove Bibles, hymnals and other paper articles from pews.
(17) No fellowship prior to, or at the end of service. No food or drinks will
be served. Members will be asked to leave sanctuary by rows at the end of
service, with those closest to the door being asked to leave first. Pastor,
with usher assistance, will coordinate egress after the benediction.
Online broadcast of sermons will continue for those who cannot attend.
(19) All our members attending will adhere to guidelines to insure the safety
(20) Housekeeper to clean and disinfect the sanctuary on Wednesdays, to
allow a minimum of three days between cleaning and our next Sunday
service. No one should then enter the sanctuary area until Sunday service.
(21) Sunday Bible study will continue online via Zoom. Church facility will
remain closed to other group meetings until deemed safe to resume.
(22) A video of file of each service will continue to be provided on our social